[lbo-talk] Fwd: Antioch College Closing!

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 15 09:32:35 PDT 2007

Yeah, Woj, I sounded really rah-rah, stay the course, we're doing just fine. Except that my whole point was that we're going nowhere fast and no one knows what to do about it. You a really are out to prove that tenured professors at Hopkins can't read, aren't you?

OK, Herr Dr. Pr. W.S., enlighten us. Explain why giving up on (list unimportant causes) and working (explain appropriate manner) really important bread and butter economic issues (list which these are) is going to save the day and create a 21st century version of the New Deal coalition. Inquiring minds want to know. Suggested list of in and out causes:

OUT

Abortion rights Women's rights generally Gay rights, especially gay marriage Animal rights The environment Civil liberties Civil rights, including antiracist work (They're just violent criminal-element lumpen anyway) World hunger and poverty (furriners anyway) (Please add)

IN

Union organizing (though why, with unions in a free fall?) National health care Protecting social security Living wages Globalization (?) The Iraq war

Or some such, right? Now, Woj, what have you done for anything on the IN list today? And what is the reason to think that that dropping the OUT list and having everyone on "the left" work on the IN list will rally tens of millions of workers to the cause?