[lbo-talk] A question regarding list member identities...

Blackmail blackmail.is.my.life at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 11:34:12 PDT 2007

> On Jun 16, 2007, at 10:44 AM, joyce brothers wrote:
>
> > But I'm pissed. They complain. Or not. But they
> > don't vote. They won't. They are obsessed with
> > sports. Why?
>
> Clear outcomes. Simple rules. Stages conflicts with no real
> consequences or casualties.
>
> Doug
> _

also because sports [at least football, soccer, college basketball and baseball imo] are really fun to watch! i'm going to a phils game tonight. i hope the left doesn't totally backslide while moyer's on the mound.

i was often amazed at how clueless a lot of my classmates at the new school were about sports [and more depressingly, music.] if it's the lingua franca of the working class, it might help to know something about it. [then again, it's not really the lingua franca, it's just that when sports fans talk about sports it can be really offputting to folks who don't watch espn ever.]

jt. r