[lbo-talk] fellow lags share in prison treats

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 16 15:20:03 PDT 2007

I'd never heard lag before.

http://www.londonnet.co.uk/entertainment/2007/Jun/6169_20070615.php

15/06/07

Paris Hilton's fellow lags share in her prison treats

- 'Everyone has cookies coming out of their pockets,' says one jailbird

Paris Hilton's fellow prison inmates are delighted she has returned because they are getting extra treats.

Prisoners at California's Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynwood - where the socialite was transferred back to on Wednesday (13.06.07) - claim they are receiving added perks to stop them complaining that Paris is getting special treatment.

Rosemary Gibbons, 35, who released yesterday (14.06.07), told the New York Daily News: "Since she was here last week, they started giving us double bologna, double apple juices. Two blankets instead of one - and a sheet, too! Everyone has cookies coming out of their pockets.

"Now we feel like we are in the Hilton Hotel."

Waynnisha Brown, 19, also released yesterday said: "There is extra food everywhere, and now they take you at the clinic right away if you are sick and they don't charge you. It's usually USD3 for medical, now it's free."

Meanwhile, Paris' mother Kathy has revealed the socialite's sister Nicky was hysterical after visiting her in jail.

Kathy told People magazine: "It's tough. It is. It's just one hour a week - 30 minutes on Sunday and 30 minutes on Tuesday. We talk through glass.

"And Nicky left in hysterics. She tried to keep the brave face but - I never see Nicky cry."

Nicky added: "It's sad. It's like right out of the movies. The glass partition, the orange jumpsuit. Everything."

Paris, 26, re-entered prison custody at the weekend after a briefly being let out on house release.

She spent four days at Twin Towers jail - a mental facility - due to unspecified medical conditions, and has now returned to Lynwood to complete her 45-day sentence for driving with a suspended licence.