[lbo-talk] A question regarding list member identities...

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Jun 16 18:29:57 PDT 2007

On Jun 16, 2007, at 8:52 PM, Tim Francis-Wright wrote:

> The question that I have is how to translate the ardor for
> and knowledge of professional sports into ardor for and
> knowledge of things political.

You can't. Politics has consequences and sports don't. Politics is more full of complexity and contradiction. Yeah, sure, sports rules can get complicated, but they're a lot less ambiguous than politics. The "three strikes you're out" rule has been imported into criminal justice, with really unfortunate results.

Doug