[lbo-talk] Israel plans to attack Gaza to decimate Hamas

Bryan Atinsky bryan at alt-info.org
Sun Jun 17 05:47:18 PDT 2007

But--however much it means--all day on the Israeli news today, the Israeli government has been ridiculing the Times article, saying it is badly researched, highly misinformed, that there is no plans for any largescale attack at present, and that they have no idea where this misinformation came from.

I called a relative today who would be called up if anything is immanent, to see if he got any info and he said he didn't get any calls so far...so I would somewhat confidently say that it isn't in the immediate future (as in next few days)...

And if the Israeli gov. says it just ain't so, it must not be the case...I guess... after all, with a man of peace like Barak taking over as Defense Minister, they couldn't possibly be preparing anything...except maybe negotiations...

That is why they had to hurry Peretz out of the Defense Ministry and install Barak...how could you accuse them of having any other reason?