[lbo-talk] Empathy and difficulty (Was Re: High Hat . . .)

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 18 11:49:54 PDT 2007

Full stop instead. You ignore what I say, assert things without reason, condescended to me, who am, for what is is worth, very much as much a trained social scientists and more of a social theorist than you, dismiss without argument two centuries of argument against the dogmatic position you maintain here, neglect the fact, know to you, that I have criticized in length at in print to the supposed fallacies you attribute to me about reduction,a topic on which I wrote a PhD dissertation and a number of papers, and you assert, in the face of a list of social theorists whose names I will not repeat again, as well as some specific concrete arguments that I offered here, that experience is not a "logically coherent" basis for social understanding. Tell it Hegel. I think we've exhausted this and you've pegged yourselves for the kind of thinker you are --arrogant, uninformed, and small. Sorry to have to use harsh words; I used to think you were a smart guy. Live and learn. I'm disappointed. Goodbye, Miles.

=== message truncated ===

____________________________________________________________________________________ It's here! Your new message! Get new email alerts with the free Yahoo! Toolbar. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/toolbar/features/mail/