[lbo-talk] Bas Shrinks (Was Re: High Hat (Was other things))

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 19 12:36:07 PDT 2007

Standard double blind studies I have seen, which I am sure others can fill in better than I, suggests that psychotherapy is no more effective than just talking to someone. Anecdotally, I and my family have has experience with shrinks and mental health professionals ranging from disastrous to awful, with two exceptions. I stumbled by blind chance on a first rate shrink, shabby loop office, older guy -- no computer! -- but really excellent. Also there's a first rate drug Dr on the N. Shore, he has PhD in EE, which may explain why he's so good. Regularly listed as among the 50 best drs in the Chicago area, he works at the VA Hospital, God bless 'em, so he's a good person as well as a good Dr. Other people, you don't want to think about then. That's anecdote, but I don't think it's unrepresentative.