[lbo-talk] SY @ SBUX

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 19 13:24:10 PDT 2007

I must be one of the few people in the world who think Sonic Youth are one of the most overrated bands ever. 1991 was indeed the year punk broke, alright.

Then again, folks have said bands I like are overrated, so. The moment where it all "just clicks" hasn't come to me yet re: Sonic Youth, I don't care who counts them as an influence.

-B.

Blackmail wrote:

"Good way to get buzz about the Daydream Nation reissue? I give SY a pass on whatever they do...even when they get ex-Pavement bassist Mark Ibold to play live gigs with them. [Am I alone in missing Jim O'Rourke in SY?]"