[lbo-talk] morsels from The Note

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Tue Jun 19 14:05:05 PDT 2007

On 19 Jun, 2007, at 3:21 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:

> This would crash our servers: Karl Rove sent or received 140,000 e-
> mails over five years from his Republican National Committee e-mail
> address --

That's just 77 messages a day (approx). I think I get that many messages in my mailbox a day just from LBO ;-) -- one of the lighter traffic lists I am on. Your mail server must be running Windows! ;-) A quick look at [one of my] mail servers shows me 4000+ messages (system-wide, not all to me!) thus far today... slow day... and that's a lowly Pentium 4 2GHz 512MB FreeBSD system. (No, I am not a spammer!)

Yeah, I know... it's a joke. But its rare to get an opportunity to get some tech talk going outside of Chuck G's updates.

--ravi