[lbo-talk] Sun beams from billionaire's behind

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 20 11:27:46 PDT 2007

>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>
>On Jun 20, 2007, at 12:32 PM, Carl Remick wrote:
>
> > NYC mayor and multibillionaire Mike Bloomberg has announced that he's
> > leaving the Republican party, and speculation is that he intends to
> > run for
> > president as an independent. According to the media, he's willing
> > to spend
> > $500 million of his own money on a presidential bid.
> >
> > It's interesting to note NY Times blog responses to this news.
> > Overwhelmingly, posters see Bloomberg as a brilliant and selfless
> > technocrat
> > whose bid deserves the public's thanks and support, rather than as
> > as an
> > egotistical rich guy throwing his money around and a would-be
> > tyrant. What
> > saps Americans are:
> > <http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/06/19/mayor-bloomberg-
> > quits-the-gop/>
>
>As bourgeois politicians come, there are a lot worse. I'd rather see
>him as president than Hillary. He'd be more likely than anyone else
>running to do something about climate change.

Here comes the sun, here comes the sun And I say it's all right Little darlin' it's been a long cold lonely winter Little darlin' it feels like years since it's been here Here comes the sun, here comes the sun And I say it's all right Little darlin' the smiles returning to their faces Little darlin' it seems like years since it's been here Here comes the sun, here comes the sun And I say it's all right Sun, sun, sun, here it comes Sun, sun, sun, here it comes Sun, sun, sun, here it comes Sun, sun, sun, here it comes Sun, sun, sun, here it comes Little darlin' I feel the ice is slowly meltin' Little darlin' it seems like years since it's been clear Here come the sun, here comes the sun And I say it's all right Here come the sun, here comes the sun It's all right, it's all right

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Make every IM count. Download Messenger and join the i’m Initiative now. It’s free. http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=TAGHM_June07