[lbo-talk] Sun beams from billionaire's behind

bitch at pulpculture.org bitch at pulpculture.org
Wed Jun 20 21:29:00 PDT 2007

At 05:14 PM 6/20/2007, you wrote:
>I think it worked out very well. It denied the Democrats a victory. True,
>like
>the Bourbons, they've still learned nothing and forgotten nothing, and for
>the same reason, but perhaps if we keep doing it to them they will fall apart
>and clear the ground.

well, it could be paving the way for bloomies as the new party, eh? :) i mean, like clearing the way for what? exactly? clearing the way ain't going to bring the demise of capitalism or anything else, no more than the upheavals of the 60s (watergate, pentagon papers, etc.) cleared the way for anything other than more of the same. and we're in worse shape, now, in terms of any kind of organized political infrastructure to take advantage of such crises, than we were in the 60s/70s.

"You know how it is, come for the animal porn, stay for the cultural analysis." -- Michael Berube

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org (NSFW)