[lbo-talk] Michael Smith on the Dem debate

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Thu Jun 21 17:28:11 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-06-21 at 19:31 -0400, Doug Henwood wrote:

> So what's your problem with [Ellen Willis] To me, she was very smart, which
> made her generally pleasing to read. But she was right on sex and
> music and a lot of other things. Her Zionism was painful, sure. But
> why do you unmiss her?

Mostly the Israel thing. Her interests and mine didn't really overlap enough on the other topics. Smart, I don't doubt, but G_d knows that's as common as dirt. And Israel is, for me, something like a pons asinorum -- if you can't get past that, then the hell with you.

But I didn't know her personally, and of course that always changes things.