[lbo-talk] Some news items

cgrimes at rawbw.COM cgrimes at rawbw.COM
Fri Jun 22 07:31:05 PDT 2007

There were two news items today that cracked me up. The first was a posponed meeting at the WH to plan on closing Gitmo. The other was on Cheney's office refusing to cooperate with some agency in charge of monitoring classified materials (follow items on Henry Waxman who made the public compliant)

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2007-06/22/content_6278758.htm

and

http://www.voanews.com/english/2007-06-22-voa16.cfm

Anyway it occurred to me that the Bushies are looking down the road to when they have to leave office and are starting the process of covering their tracts. Most of their criminal activity has been easy to keep in-house but it will have a record trail and they may not be able to erase all of it or at least key parts unless they get started early and work hard.

I would expect a flurry of legal nonsense coming from them in the months leading up to the next election all circulating around confidentiality, executive privilage, what's considered government properity and has to stay behind and what can be secreted off to ex-presidential archives, etc, etc, etc.

Congress better get started early too---on trapping these fuckers and their rotten paper trails: emails, correspondence, phone records, logs, and whatever lawyers in Democratic committees think will be useful. The Gonzales flap is just the tip of vast ice berg of shit these guys have been pulling for eight long years.

CG