[lbo-talk] Question for Dennis R., was Re: Russia's economy

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Sat Jun 23 13:51:08 PDT 2007

On Sat, June 23, 2007 9:07 am, Chris Doss wrote:

> Dennis, being a computer-games guy, could you tell me
> anything you know about the Russian industry? I'm seeing A LOT of these
> games in the stores (as I mentioned in a previous post) but know almost
> nothing about the business per se.

The Russian exhibition firm Gamex has the best information. Check out their website: http://eng.gamex-expo.com/

They have a useful report on the Russian entertainment sector here:

http://eng.gamex-expo.com/files/gamex_market_report_eng.pdf

Apparently, PS2 sales have blown past 1 million faster than you can say "Kovytka". Last but not least, a shameless plug -- I'm writing a little screed on the European game industry, which will include some thoughts on Russia, for the next Uplink. A couple weeks away...

-- DRR