[lbo-talk] Iran's Youth Movements

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Jun 25 08:20:32 PDT 2007

On Jun 25, 2007, at 9:54 AM, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> Iman Ali-Agha, a 24-year-old seminary student, arrives at the shop. He
> and Amiri exchange pleasantries. He visits regularly to buy CDs for
> himself and his classmates. He says he's a true believer in Islam and
> hopes one day to wear the black turban of a cleric descended from the
> prophet Muhammad.
>
> "Iranians at the bottom of their hearts, no matter how they look, are
> religious," he said. "Of course for a tiny minority, the Islamic
> lifestyle is intolerable. They might be not happy."

Isn't that reassuring! Good thing all those unhappy troublemakers are being spirited off to jail.

I'm now getting three copies of all these things you broadcast; if you hadn't gotten thrown off PEN-L, I'd be getting four. Why don't you pause the one-way communications for a while and actually converse?

Doug