[lbo-talk] Lovecraftian fascism, was: Re: Lovecraft's fears

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 25 09:09:20 PDT 2007

Oh, HPL wasn't THAT poor. He did go on trips all up and down the Eastern Seaboard.

The racism is so unashamed it's almost funny. I love how in The Horror of Red Hook all the evil cultists are foreigners. Damn foreigners taking away our jobs and bringing in their anti-American Cthulhu worship, wanting to marry our wimmin and sacrifice them to their unholy gods. It's wrong I tell ya.

I am about to go on a Lovecraft fanboy geek rant. It really annoys me how it is called the Cthulhu Mythos. C'mon, we know this is because Cthulhu is way cool, but he's not even a real god, except from the standpoint of us puny humans. He's a monstrous alien being. The real gods are Azathoth, Nyarlathotep, Yog-Sothoth and Shub-Niggurath. Cthulhu's influence is limited to just Earth. Big Deal. Even the Mi-Go have more influence -- they're all over interstellar space!

End of rant.

BTW you may have seen this before, but it's pretty funny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DsgZ4JXXB8

And I want to marry this woman: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi8OaGJUa6U

____________________________________________________________________________________ Get your own web address. Have a HUGE year through Yahoo! Small Business. http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains/?p=BESTDEAL