[lbo-talk] Don Rickles?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Jun 26 08:25:40 PDT 2007

<http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org/2007/06/sometimes_i_wonder.html>

Sometimes I wonder

Die Tradition aller toten Geschlechter lastet wie ein Alp auf dem Gehirne der Lebenden.* -- Karl Marx

Owen alluded recently to my fondness for Doug Henwood's Left Business Observer and the mailing list associated with it, lbo-talk. I cheerfully admit the charge, even though lbo-talk is certainly by far the most irascible, uncivil, squabblesome e-mail list I have ever seen -- and that's saying a lot. Doug himself has a listowner style strongly reminiscent of Don Rickles. But I like it anyway -- or maybe, that's why I like it. Too much damn civility and sensitivity going around. Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke, as Jack Nicholson says in some movie, I've forgotten which.