[lbo-talk] New York Dolls (was Iran's Youth Movements)

Jerry Monaco monacojerry at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 11:29:35 PDT 2007

On 6/26/07, Dennis Claxton <ddclaxton at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Jerry wrote:
>

> >Yeah, if any of us are ever "stranded in the jungle trying to get a date"
> >with the New York Dolls, say in El Salvador, we can "pretty much
> appreciate"
> >the fact that the US is a pretty good place to live, especially when you
> see
> >mass graves killed by our hirelings with our guns.
>

> Kind of a leap but if it makes you feel better. Myself, I've been
> distraught since the KKK took my baby away.

Love the New York Dolls Dennis. I too appreciate the fact that no one is going to torture me or put a bullet in my head for being an atheist or associating with people who are not of my particular religious sect. But when Woj says the following:

Wojtek wrote: >let me say for the record that the US or EU are a pretty
>good places to live, and I pretty much appreciate that.

I want to admit it but say that he sounds just like all those people who told me to move to Cuba if I criticize the U.S. So the fact is our comfort, which we appreciate so much, is based on the murder and slaughter and oppression of others. That is the essential fact that, if left out, is only the usual smug narrow-mindedness of all people who live as we do, in states that live through domination of others. So, yeah, I appreciate my luck for having been born in the U.S. and not in El Salvador where our guns, money, and hirelings murdered thousands and thousands.

But it is only a matter of luck. It is not a matter of virtue, that I live in the country that points the guns at others. And even though it is a stretch I do think that the songs and career of The New York Dolls exemplify this luck/virtue divide.

Sorry about your baby and I hope you get the little doll back from the dingos or the KKK or whoever has the babe.....

Jerry