[lbo-talk] Iran's Youth Movements

Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net
Tue Jun 26 21:20:09 PDT 2007

----- Original Message ----- From: "Wojtek Sokolowski" <sokol at jhu.edu>

In that light, the only effective way of arguing with such claims is to question the credibility of those who make them. This is precisely what I did by claiming that the detractors of the "global North" miss the obvious positive sides of it, and thus throw the baby with the bath water in their zeal to prostrate themselves before the "global South." You are of course free to interpret it as right wing hysteria or "Northern jingoism" in order to dismiss it, but take my word that self-congratulatory jingoism is definitely not my cup of tea.

Wojtek