[lbo-talk] John Roberts doesn't like Bong Hits 4 Jesus

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 27 11:04:08 PDT 2007

Chuck wrote:

> > I think that a community should have some kind of justice system, but a
> > standing court system makes me nervous. The current system is based on
> > the rule of laws, which are an abstract system that is applied to all
> > cases, irregardless of circumstances. I'd like to see a system which
> > prioritizes the specifics and circumstances of each "case".

The current system is based on a couple of millennia of historical development and there has been a great deal of attention paid over those hundreds of years to specifics and circumstances of individual cases. It won't be easy to create a system as good to replace it. The main trouble with our current system is that we ask it to take care of social welfare problems it should not be dealing with.