[lbo-talk] Sanctions on Iran: What UN Envoys Say + a British Proposal Targeting Iran's Shipping Lines

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Jun 27 12:36:35 PDT 2007

On Jun 27, 2007, at 12:36 PM, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> Why accept the terms of debate set by the bellicose

That's hegemony for you, eh? But in some sense you're doing that too. You want to prove that the Iranian state is wise and virtuous in order to argue against sanctions. I say the Iranian regime can suck out loud and sanctions are still an outrage. I say Iran is entitled to develop nuclear weapons, too, as much as I dislike theocracies that jail and shoot the likes of most members of this list.

Ok, I've made my points, and I'm not going to carry on with this.

Doug