[lbo-talk] Larry King transcript with Paris Hilton

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 27 22:33:13 PDT 2007

Larry King transcript of Paris Hilton:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/06/27/king.hilton.transcript/

Favorite parts:

KING: Have you ever been addicted to drugs?

HILTON: No.

KING: Taken drugs.

HILTON: No.

KING: Never taken drugs?

[Following King, Anderson Cooper produced not a few photos of Hilton smoking various glass pipes and rolled-up joints but cautioned they might contain tobacco.]

KING: Do you have a drinking problem?

HILTON: No. Not at all.

KING: You must have had -- just this one drink this one time?

HILTON: I'm just -- I'm not a big drinker. I'm not really into it. I think socially people do sometimes when they go out but it's not something that I really care about.

[...]

KING: So how have all these stories gotten out about you? Medications -- well, the ADD, that's a strong medication, isn't it?

HILTON: Um. It's Adderall, I think. Anyone who has ADD takes it.

KING: You've had it all your life.

HILTON: Yeah.

[...]

KING: Did anyone ever think that you had to go to rehab?

HILTON: No, not at all.

KING: Do you visit people in rehab or any of your friends?

HILTON: I don't have any friends in rehab.

[Ouch!]

[...]

KING: You were spotted, I think, holding a Bible or something? Did you take...

HILTON: Yeah.

KING: ... a Bible with you?

HILTON: Yes, I did. Well, actually, you weren't allowed to bring one in, but...

KING: Not allowed?

HILTON: ... I ordered one off the commissary list.

KING: You aren't allowed to bring books in?

HILTON: You can't bring anything in. Nothing.

KING: Are you a religious person?

HILTON: I've always been religious. I went to Catholic school as a child. And I've always had a sense of spirituality, but even more so now, after being in jail.

KING: Did you read the Bible in jail?

HILTON: Yes.

[...]

HILTON: I feel like, you know, being in the spotlight, I have a platform where I can raise awareness for so many great causes, and just do so much with this, instead of, you know, superficial things like going out. I want to help raise money for kids and for breast cancer, multiple sclerosis and...

KING: You want to get involved in all of it.

HILTON: Yes.

KING: What's your favorite Bible passage?

HILTON: I don't have a favorite, but...

KING: You read it every day?

HILTON: In jail, I read a lot.

[...]

HILTON: "I want to help set up a place where these women can get themselves back on their feet. A place with food, shelter and clothing and programs, kind of a transitional home. I know I can make a difference and hopefully stop this vicious circle of these people going in and out of jail."

[...]

HILTON: This is one of the notes that I wrote. [reads from her PRISON NOTEBOOKS--] "They say when you reach a crossroad or a turning point in life, it really doesn't matter how we got there, but it's what we do next after we got there. Usually you arrive there by adversity, and then it is then and only then that we find out who we truly are and what we're truly made of. It's a process, a gift and a journey, and if we can travel it alone, although the road may be rough at the beginning, you find an ability to walk it. A way to start fresh again. It's neither a downfall nor a failure, but a new beginning."

-B.

HILTON: No.