[lbo-talk] goldburgon liberal fascism: paging dr.godwin

Jeffrey Fisher jeff.jfisher at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 08:39:57 PDT 2007

On 6/28/07, cgrimes at rawbw.com <cgrimes at rawbw.com> wrote:

> Covering such hot issues as morality, anti-Semitism, science versus
> religion, health care, and cultural values, he boldly illustrates the
> resemblances between the opinions advanced by Hitler and Mussolini and the
> current views of the Left....
>
> --------
>
> It is certainly obvious to me that we've been living with too much
> liberalism. Gotta start stamping that shit out.
>
> Sounds like another convert to Strauss were black is white, left is
> right, up is down, and everything is inside out. All that's lacking is
> some imaginary version of `tradition' and that we must `restore' to
> set things right.
>
> CG

yeah, i thought it was funny that this blurb makes it sound like he hasn't even heard of francis fukuyama. and to imply that hegel is totalitarian is so postmodern, which then makes it sound like he HAS been reading (and approving of) bataille, deleuze, derrida, kierkegaard, and, um, that other german late romantic philosopher who is often accused of being a nazi . . .

-- http://brainmortgage.blogspot.com/