[lbo-talk] Nietzsche

Jeffrey Fisher jeff.jfisher at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 09:08:02 PDT 2007

On 6/28/07, wrobert at uci.edu <wrobert at uci.edu> wrote:

> > Also, thanks to all who told me where to look in Bataille. I
> > am off to the bookstore after work. (I have also begun Deleuze
> > on Nietzsche and have Danto waiting in the wings -- though he
> > seems terrified of old Fred and desperately wants to tame him).
> >

> Deleuze once made the comment that he likes to take philosophers from
> behind, with the exception of Nietzsche who took him from behind....
>
> robert wood

i always rather liked that way of talking about it, even though it made me uncomfortable -- maybe that's the way it should be. there's something violent in the way we read. i don't know. i haven't thought this through.

anyway, reading andie's list clicked in my head that i meant _geneaology of morals_ when i said _beyond good and evil_.

fwiw.

-- http://brainmortgage.blogspot.com/