[lbo-talk] Sicko

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Thu Jun 28 09:37:38 PDT 2007

Yes, I read the review last night and was pretty disgusted.

I haven't seen the movie yet, so I'm sure it's "entertaining" in all the lowbrow and unscholarly ways that Denby says.

But what really pissed me off was Denby's criticism that Moore had not bothered to investigate the many health care plans currently under development. Either Denby is stupid or a stooge -- as he himself does not seem to know or care that ALL of these plans under development are plans based on mandatory private insurance to one degree or another. Whether subsidized by tax payers or subscribers, these alternatives are one more subsidy to health insurance, which, as most of us already know, is NOT the equivalent of health care.

Fuck the insurance companies and fuck Denby.

Joanna