[lbo-talk] Sicko

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Thu Jun 28 11:16:33 PDT 2007

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> [WS:] I am not holding my breath about those "plans" either, but that was
> not the main critical point in his piece. His main criticism was that Moore
> wasted a lot of footage to show what is already known - that other countries
> have public health care systems. Denby's argument is that Moore did not
> have to "pull trick" of interviewing people on the streets to demonstrate
> that other countries have public health care - as this is common knowledge.
> Instead, Denby argues, Moore could have used that time to say more about
> specific aspects of health care systems elsewhere.

If this is the main dog and pony trick of this film, it will be a big disappointment. Showing this stuff will be preaching to the converted, who will be the main audience for this film.

If the film skewers big healthcare is some informative and entertaining ways, then the film might have some bite.

//not holding my breath, mainly because I have no health insurance

Chuck