[lbo-talk] Sicko

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at aapt.net.au
Fri Jun 29 08:18:35 PDT 2007

At 9:31 AM -0400 29/6/07, Jerry Monaco wrote:

>But Bill, don't they have movie theaters out your way? How do you avoid the
>names on the marquise?

I haven't been to a movie theatre for decades, but that's not it. I simply don't take much notice of the names of actors unless they really stand out. A lot of them all look and sound the same to me.

I was watching Doctor Who on the tele last night though and the female guest star rung a bell. Had to really exercise my brain to remember her name, but eventually managed to dredge it up. Damn, its gone now, a comedian. But she was an exception (if apparently a temporary exception) usually there's just nothing to distinguish between them and frankly it doesn't seem that important to memorise the names of every actor that you see on the tele. I just don't get that. Actually, I often can't be bothered remembering the names of people I'm related to.

Just not a people person I suppose. ;-)

> I myself, am greatly disadvantaged in pop culture by
>not owning a television, but my lover has gone a long way to correct my
>woeful deficits.

Your lover has been able to change you eh? Pull the other one.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas