[lbo-talk] Nietzsche

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Jun 29 15:10:04 PDT 2007

andie nachgeborenen wrote:

> Oh, you can't have a class analysis without a
> psychology. That's a logical impossibility. A class
> analysis explains human behavior by saying that class
> affects the beliefs and desires, the psychology, that
> produces collective action.

I'll eventually try to be more 'nuanced,' but for the present. Class analysis does not have a damn thing to do with explaining human behavior. It merely indicates the abstract potential for endless varieties of human behavior under given historical conditions. Frankly, I think the idea of combining psychology (except for the kind of psychology everyone has known for 50k years or so) and class analysis is simply bizarre.

Carrol