[lbo-talk] Nietzsche

james daly james.irldaly at ntlworld.com
Sat Jun 30 07:20:23 PDT 2007

----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Henwood" <dhenwood at panix.com> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2007 2:30 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Nietzsche

:
: On Jun 30, 2007, at 8:23 AM, james daly wrote:
:
: > I would go further and say Marxism is not only not economics:
: > it is in fact not even political economy but a *critique* of political
: > economy -- of fetishism, of the Trinity Formula etc. -- as his
: > original subtitle shows.
:
DH -- Yeah the point is to change the world.

JD -- and hence also (from) "economics"

DH -- But sometimes understanding the world is pretty important too. I'd much rather read Keynes than some defunct Bolshie.

J D -- To understand the world I'd rather read Marx than either. You won't find in either of them anything like "Supposing we had produced in a human manner [for each other's needs]... I would know myself to be confirmed both in your thoughts and in your love". I only used "Marxism" because it was being used in the thread. I prefer "Marx's thought" which Marxism isn't always.

J. D.