[lbo-talk] Bakunin on Marx

wrobert at uci.edu wrobert at uci.edu
Sat Jun 30 17:44:38 PDT 2007

I think that part of the problem with these Marxism v. Anarchism debates is that they tend to miss out on the way that these political formations cannot be adequately understood without looking at the larger picture. The best example I can think of is the question of Blanquism. For instance, the most authoritarian moments of Bakunin tend to be when collaborating with a young Blanquist. There are similar influences on the various Marxist sects of the 19th century, and Blanquism is only one of many counter-systemic movements of the time.

robert wood