[lbo-talk] Marxism and Religion

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 1 08:29:06 PST 2007

Spirits, gods, elves, vampiri, angels, whatever you want to call them and whatever role they fulfull in a particular belief system, what is important here is that they are all nonhuman intelligences that interact with the "natural" world (in quotes because I don't think premodern societies distinguish between natural and supernatural worlds -- come to think of it the distinction between the two makes no sense) and that all human societies of which I am aware believe in them. At least before the very recent past.