[lbo-talk] Marxism and religion

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Thu Mar 1 09:06:37 PST 2007

Well, yeah, there's a difference between Vicadin and Heroin, in today's parlance.

There's a difference between the working class completely accepting their subjugation and pain, and their fantasizing a world that would be worthwhile to live in.

One could turn the idealism of religion into a demand for heaven on earth, into a dream (in MLK's parlance) that could be realized. It would be much harder complete cynicism or a dog-eat-dog vision into that.

Joanna