[lbo-talk] For Want of a Dentist//Kwiatkowski

c p cpthron at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 1 13:26:06 PST 2007

>Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] For Want of a Dentist
>To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org>
>
> >> About 900 of the state's 5,500 dentists accept Medicaid patients
>
>Shouldn't this just be illegal? Shouldn't Medicaid be something like,
>oh, I don't know: legal tender?

Dentists are so frustrating. There is only one dentist that takes my plan in my county, and then they didn't cover a simple thing (cementing a cap back in). The other time, it was extortive insurance fraud, where they talked me into doing a broken tooth cap the more expensive way, then said it wasn't covered, but they'd do me a deal by charging me half price and paying the other half by submitting a cavity filling claim to insurance.

As a grad student, I wrote letters of recommendation for quite a few students wanting to go to dental school. Like with Vet school, which is the hardest graduate school to get into, it's all defined by the system limiting new schools from being founded. There is no limit on new law schools. It isn't like the present group of dentists how have unused labor capacity to meet the uninsured who aren't being seen. Medical schools centrally allocate the number of new student slots per year, and this keeps a shortage.

----- In other news, these essays/interviews with Karen Kwiatkowski Lt. Col. ret of the air force are pretty interesting. This is what I was reading today. She was calling for traffic disruption! and also soldier desertion *if* it is the case that the country is no longer a constitutional republic.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/kwiatkowski/kwiatkowski175.html http://www.truthdig.com/interview/item/20070227_pentagon_whistleblower_on_the_coming_war_with_iran/

_________________________________________________________________ Find what you need at prices you’ll love. Compare products and save at MSN® Shopping. http://shopping.msn.com/default/shp/?ptnrid=37,ptnrdata=24102&tcode=T001MSN20A0701