[lbo-talk] Reasons to be cheerful

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 1 16:48:34 PST 2007

Wotjek wrote:

> The only project of human liberation of which I am
> aware, and the only one which, I am afraid, is at
> all possible is death. It liberates everyone from
> the life's misery equally, indiscriminately, and
> irreversibly. Anything short of that is hot air and
> empty rhetoric. Wenn ich "human liberation" hoere,
> entsichere ich meinen Browning ;).

But you are by your own admission a left-liberal or social democrat, not a revolutionary of any kind.

Dennis, on the other hand, judging by his admiration for Adorno and other contextual clues, is either a Marxist or Marxian of some sort. Which makes his faith in the EU all the more unfathomable. But his professed admiration for the Taz, which hasn't been a newspaper of the left for at least a decade, is something of a clue as to why. It is merely the "grass is greener" mentality existent among so many leftists. We have it over here too. The Trotskyists all wish they were in France, the Autonomists all wish they were Italians. The more obnoxious Antifas want to be British or American.

Loving cultural exports from abroad is progressive and cosmopolitan. Admiration for capitalist state projects is reactionary and anti-emancipatory. The EU is a neo-liberal project by its nature. Wishing otherwise will not change that.

____________________________________________________________________________________ Never Miss an Email Stay connected with Yahoo! Mail on your mobile. Get started! http://mobile.yahoo.com/services?promote=mail