[lbo-talk] Shohei Imamura at Brooklyn Academy of Music

Blackmail blackmail.is.my.life at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 09:20:59 PST 2007

These are the times I most miss living in NYC. On a positive note, Criterion Collection DVDs can be shipped to the provinces so I'll have to wait until Vengeance is Mine gets released in May [Thanks DVDPlanet/DeepDiscountDVD!]

After a somewhat haphazard year, Criterion seems to be back on the ball in the singlemindedly exhaustive sense that some folks love, myself included. I can't wait for Eclipse to release that Late Ozu boxset [I'm mixed on the early Bergman's - I love his stuff, but it's not as compelling to me.] Once I find regular gainful employment I'll need to get a Netflix account and get back into the compulsive rental game, esp. since I don't know much about Criterion's WWII titles that they've been putting out, other than Overlord and Army of Shadows.

This is the only reason I ever miss working at TLA. Free rentals. Six at a time. It almost made up for the awful working conditions and constant surveillance.

Lamenting overscan on some anamorphic prints, J T. -- J T. Ramsay 1626 S. 2nd St. #2 Philadelphia, PA 19148 blackmailismylife.com/blog paperthinwalls.com -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20070302/0af93249/attachment.htm>