[lbo-talk] stupid press release of the day

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Mar 2 10:39:08 PST 2007

Date: March 2, 2007 1:28:00 PM EST To: dhenwood at panix.com Subject: Funeral Security for the Rich and Infamous – Former UN Security Chief Avail.

Dear Doug, Anna Nicole Smith is due to be buried alongside her son Daniel in the Bahamas today. What are the physical security concerns that face Smith’s daughter and attendees at such a highly public funeral? “Discrete, under-the-radar security presence is what powerful business executives and celebrities are demanding today,” said Michael McCann, formerly Chief of Security at the United Nations who now leads McCann Protective Services, www.mccannps.com, which caters to the security of diplomats, VIPs and celebrities.

I invite Behind the News: Doug Henwood to speak with Michael McCann about the security precautions needed for a high visibility funeral and why more astute celebrities and VIP execs are moving away from flashy body guards and embracing discrete yet omnipresent security services. McCann, a highly articulate and experienced security guru with an extraordinarily intelligence and security background, would make an ideal interview for Behind the News: Doug Henwood.

I look forward to speaking with you if you’re interested in interviewing Mike McCann. Happy Friday. Cheers, [...]