[lbo-talk] Marxism and Religion

wrobert at uci.edu wrobert at uci.edu
Mon Mar 5 00:54:04 PST 2007

My comment was primarily an empirical one. I noted that there was substantial upheaval in Europe after 1848. I made no reference to its capacity of engaging in the same activity now either explicitly or implicitly. My point was simply that the history has been rockier for the ruling classes then implied by Yoshie's description. I don't see a challenge to that fact. Since you have declared that the radical movements of 1968 don't fit into this series of upheavals I'm curious how you would categorize them. For me, they still constitute a serious challenge to the world structure at the time whatever they are categorized as.

robert wood

Moreover, '68 wasn't exactly a