[lbo-talk] Vista: more bad press

Dmytri Kleiner dk at telekommunisten.net
Mon Mar 5 05:02:11 PST 2007

Chuck wrote:
> 1) Photoshop

Gimp and/or Crossover office if you are a photoshop power user..

> 2) Dreamweaver

??? Useless program. The only proper thing to do with the html/javascript generated by Dreamweaver is to delete it.

> 3) Concerns that old files in different formats will be unreadable by
> Linux programs.

Unfounded, you should be more concerned they will be abandoned by commercial software more interested in getting you to upgrade than supporting your old files.

> 4) Gaming support

Get a gaming console.

> 5) Gimp is not Photoshop. I'm sorry, please don't show me a Kia and tell
> me that it is a Porsche

That is true. Gimp is not Photoshop. However, solidarity is a component of strugle. Will you sell out your comrades for whatever extra features photoshop provides? Gimp is yours. Photoshop is not.

> 6) Desktop publishing and pre-press. Can I do a magazine on Ubuntu and
> get it to the printer okay?

I you want to, you can. If you want to find excuses, you will.

-- Dmytri Kleiner, robotnik Telekommunisten, Berlin.

dk at telekommunisten.net http://www.telekommunisten.net freenode/#telnik