[lbo-talk] barbaric

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 5 08:16:09 PST 2007

Chris Doss:

In what developed capitalist country is the population terrorized?

During the dot com meltdown of 2000, I experienced an emotion, not wholly unlike terror, that I might be tossed out and either find myself living in much reduced circumstances (not simply a matter of luxury as there are several people dependent upon me for support) or much worse.

No doubt, this fear will return again, at some future date.

This exerts a certain discipline, born of fear, upon the acceptable range of action.

And what is fear if not a flower, watered by terror?

.d.

If I were not myself, I would arrest myself.

Slavoj Zizek

...................... http://monroelab.net/blog/