[lbo-talk] barbaric

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Mar 5 09:41:33 PST 2007

On Mar 5, 2007, at 11:29 AM, Chris Doss wrote:

>> In what developed capitalist country is the
> population terrorized?
>
> All of them.
>
> Have you ever witnessed an eviction? A deportation?
> Been to a prison?
>
> --
>
> Silly hyperbole. No wonder the left is so
> self-marginalized.

"Terrorized" is too strong a word, but American society is filled with anxiety and fear - fear of homelessness and failure, fear of the terrorists, fear of all those Mexicans crossing the border. Maybe you've been away too long, but it's one of our foundational principles of social organization.

Doug