[lbo-talk] progress

Julio Huato juliohuato at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 16:57:13 PST 2007

Doug asks Yoshie:

> By the way, roughly 1/4 of Americans live in
> rural areas, and 3/4 in metro areas (1/4
> urban, 1/2 suburban). So why is a minority of
> the pop so appealing to you?

I'm curious about Yoshie's answer too. My answer would be that, under the existing system, that rural white minority is politically over-represented. So, we ignore them at our peril. And I don't think that reaching them is politically much harder than reaching the more densely concentrated urban or suburban population, because most people are now connected one way or another and the urban crowds are extremely segmented culturally. In any case, the political discourse addressing them would have to be adapted to their background. Two cents.