[lbo-talk] Reception Theory

Dmytri Kleiner dk at telekommunisten.net
Tue Mar 6 02:22:44 PST 2007

Dennis Redmond wrote:
> DK wrote:
>
>> Always interesting to see the reaction of academics to working class
>> organizers
>
> We academics don't need lectures about the working-class. We *are* the
> working-class. We work for a living, have tons of debt, don't own the
> means of production, etc. The point should be to create solidarity between
> all working people, instead of moralistically blaming sections of the
> working-class for the actions of ruling elites.

I agree with all this, BTW.

I am not blaming anyone, please review what I actually wrote. I am reacting to what I perceive as condescending bluffing, not in anyway disassociating academics from the working-class.

My point is not that academics are bourgeois, nor is my pointm by the way, that Institutional Analysis is uninteresting or not useful.

My point is that it is avoidance to essentially ignore my entire argument by calling it "meaningless kvetching" and then go on to imply that an entirely different line of inquiry ("Institutional Analysys") is the One True Way (tm), and those who concern ourselves with political economy are essentially wasting our time.

-- Dmytri Kleiner, robotnik Telekommunisten, Berlin.

dk at telekommunisten.net http://www.telekommunisten.net freenode/#telnik