[lbo-talk] barbaric

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Mar 6 10:33:05 PST 2007

I wouldn't disagree (see the parenthesis in the quote from me below), though you've certainly worked it out in more detail than would ever have occurred to me. But, of course, were it not for the relentless market discipline workers could (as the cliche Miles cites suggests) simply walk out from under that direct discipline (as a serf, slave, or apprentice could not). That is sufficient to undergird capitalist ideology of individual freedom.

Carrol