[lbo-talk] US immiseration

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 7 12:13:33 PST 2007

>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>
>On Mar 7, 2007, at 2:13 PM, Carl Remick wrote:
>
> > [That's easy: Heartfield is is a right-winger masquerading as a
> > lefty.
> > He's a fraud tip to toe. Consider his affiliation with the
> > execrable online
> > "Spiked":]
>
>That's way too harsh. I don't always agree with James, but he's an
>intelligent and agreeable fellow. He's way wrong on the latest, but I
>always pay attention to what he has to say.

James' posts of late have seemed nothing but a transparent effort to wind up the list. However, as I acknowledged in a post yesterday, James did indeed make an outstanding contribution years ago as voice of opposition to NATO's war on Serbia. James can be a very powerful writer. But it seems very rare these days that this eloquence serves genuinely progressive ends.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Win a Zune™—make MSN® your homepage for your chance to win! http://homepage.msn.com/zune?icid=hmetagline