[lbo-talk] US immiseration

Matt lbo4 at beyondzero.net
Wed Mar 7 12:16:30 PST 2007

On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 11:11:02AM -0800, Jordan Hayes wrote:
> > People have started viewing their houses as gigantic ATMs.
>
> That's going to start slowing down, now that the IRS has caught on.
>
> http://www.irs.gov/publications/p936/ar02.html#d0e2092
>
> Short answer: there's now a limit to how much "home equity" debt you
> can deduct. In particular, people who are tapping 'present value
> equity' (as oposed to paid-in equity) will lose the deductability of
> such tapping and, hopefully, will be less likely to incur it in the
> future.

So much for tax deductible payments on a brand new Maserati!

Matt

-- PGP RSA Key ID: 0x1F6A4471 aim: beyondzero123 PGP DH/DSS Key ID: 0xAFF35DF2 yahoo msg: beyondzero123 http://blogdayafternoon.com

I want peace on earth and good will toward men.

-Erwin "Whistler" Emory We are the United States Government. We don't do that sort of thing.

-Bernard Abbott