[lbo-talk] loved, unloved countries

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu Mar 8 07:06:00 PST 2007

Robert Wood:

This is relative. Minnesota (my home state) is far colder than the coastal regions of Canada, besides global warming should solve that problem....

[WS:] The marginal disutility of anything below zero Celsius is not very significant. The "feel" difference between negative five degrees Celsius with fucking wind (which is far worse than temperature of even precipitation alone)and negative 30 degrees Celsius is not that great.

My decision to come to the US rather than Canada was in a significant part based on the weather. Why would anyone want to go to the North Pole when one can go to California?

Wojtek