[lbo-talk] Eichenwald revisited

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 9 08:52:09 PST 2007

Eichenwald's book The Informant is not easy on the government either. It's generally agreed that the district court bungled the case and the prosecution made serious mistakes. The Justice Dept has no special interest in defending the performance of the court. Maybe the reverse. Jim, who is in a position to know, told me that Rats contains major factual errors (he told me some but I forget, you can look up the reviews for discussion); and, as I say, people in the white collar crim biz, including informed defense lawyers and defense-minded legal academics, think that Eichenwald's book is the best account of the ADM case. Wll, people can talk this information or leave it for what it is worth. If you are really interested in ADM, youwill read both books among other things.