[lbo-talk] Understanding _Capital_ (Was Re: barbaric)

Tayssir John Gabbour tayssir.john at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 9 11:30:02 PST 2007

On 3/9/07, Dmytri Kleiner <dk at telekommunisten.net> wrote:
> I have refuted this by pointing out that unless the present actors have
> had access to force to have acquired their inputs unfairly, this is
> impossible.

It's interesting when someone who really likes to debate assumes they also have the role of judge, and starts awarding themselves points. It's sort of like if Hogwarts students could suddenly award points to their houses without needing those pesky teachers.

> You are know trying to switch the burden of proving your contention to
> me and claiming to need to know more about my views to defend your own.

Is this a satirical take on the idea that debate is largely irrational? Or is everything really some sort of market or debate with you?

I thought to myself, "I'm not buying this guy's arguments..." And then realized I just merged the two worlds of markets and debate.

> > Personally, I have no problem with you pointing me to sources I can
> > look at. Sounds more efficient than me figuring out or guessing what
> > you mean, over long posts.
>
> Yet, it is debate that tests the mettle of our beliefs.

Yes, it's one of the many trials and tribulations of the Left Business Observer mailing list. You lose a little innocence with every disagreement, every off-list flame...

The list breaks everyone and afterwards many are strong in the broken places.

Tayssir