[lbo-talk] abortion poll

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 9 13:44:27 PST 2007

John wrote:

>Wouldn't a radically pro-abortion supporter give no thought to why a
>woman wished to have an abortion?

I would think a radically pro-abortion supporter would give a lot of thought to this. It's those who are anti-abortion who don't think about the reasons a woman would want to have an abortion. As far as they're concerned there is no reason to have an abortion so there is no reason to think about it.

>What makes you uncomfortable about "for the hell of it"?
>Are there good and bad reasons to choose abortion?

I think the point is there are good and bad ways of expressing a pro-abortion position. Abortion "for the hell of it" is not going to win friends and influence people.