[lbo-talk] abortion poll

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 9 17:23:01 PST 2007

John wrote:

>I see that Doug has clarified his
> >> position to mean he opposes the phrase as a slogan of some sort. I
> >> don't however know if the idea makes him uncomfortable or not. I can
> >> think of no good reason it should.
> >>

> > OK. What about a woman who is eight months pregnant and she starts
> > hearing voices, perhaps God's, telling her to have an abortion.
> >> ??
>
> > Joanna
>

>Unquestionably she gets to have an abortion.

I think you're changing the subject. You said you can think of no good reason the idea of abortion for the hell of it should make someone uncomfortable. Joanna responded by providing an, admittedly extreme, example of a complicated scenario that could give one pause.

I agree with free abortion on demand, but I wouldn't want a provider to do things "unquestionably."